Effective August 20, 2020
Scope of Application
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
Information You Give to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. This includes the information you enter when you complete a form, make a donation or contribution, sign up as a volunteer, sign up to receive email updates, create an account, send us an email, schedule an event, request information or otherwise communicate with us, either directly or via third party social media sites.
Information you give to us includes
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone numbers)
- Your donation information (such as your credit/debit card number)
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
There is certain information that is automatically collection when you access or use the Committee’s Sites. This includes:
- Log data and device information (such as details about how you’ve used the Site or the App, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page views or clicks)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
Information We Collect From Third Parties
Information we collect from third parties, including third party services (for example if you link, connect, or login to the Site or the App with your Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts) or other sources
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Social media handles (such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
- Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site and the App)
Such collection is done in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
As noted above, the Committee may use the information we collect for several purposes. In addition to the above, we may also use your information:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process contributions and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The Committee is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the Committee, its employees, volunteers, or others;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
The Organization takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
You may opt out of receiving communications from the Committee by following the instructions provided in emails or by emailing the Committee at email@example.com. If you choose to opt out of any communications, please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any donations or transactions.